- Is It Confidential?
- All clients information and DNA test results are strictly confidential. Results will only be issued to the person who signed the sample submission form. We also request a password from you for your added protection and confidentiality.
- How Long Is The Testing Time?
Our DNA Tests are done within 5 business days, with the option of express results in 3 or 2 business days. Some non-standard DNA tests may take a little longer. In essence times vary depending on how busy the laboratory is.
- What Is The Accuracy?
To obtain accuracy, we want to compare a lot of DNA between each person, in this way the result can be more certain. DNA Solutions tests 24 regions of DNA in each person. You will find this is more than other laboratories.
This makes testing for relationships vastly more accurate, and also increases certainly in various situations, such as when 1 of 2 brothers could be the father.
For our paternity testing, typically we get a result above 99.99% certainly. Other relationship tests (ie. brother to sister tests) can vary between 99% to 99.9%. The eventual accuracy number depends on what type of DNA you have (how common or rare each point of DNA we test is in the population), and how many of these rare or common DNA types you share with the other person/s being tested.
- How Much Does It Cost?
- Prices depend on the test you are taking. Refer to our Paternity page for paternity prices and to our Other Relationship Tests page for further pricing.
- Do We Need The Mothers Consent?
- No. We need the terms and conditions read and signed by one person who is taking responsibility for the test. Paternity tests can be performed with samples from the Father and child only.
- What Samples Do We Have To Provide?
- We can work with a variety of biological samples. However, for paternity testing we recommend a mouth swab, as this is completely reliable and painless. Hair samples are also common but can be more difficult to take. Children with fine hair, and elderly with grey hair, usually do not provide good hair specimens.
- What do I need to do to get a DNA paternity test?
- You can either follow the instructions from the internet or we can mail you a kit which has everything you need including instructions, swabs, DNA brochure, etc.