Nowadays, our focus is on the more serious problems, while treating lightly those that do not seem too scary at first sight. Joint and articulation pain fall into that category and, among them, back pain is probably the most prevalent and the most debilitating in the long run. At Calgary Core Physiotherapy, we know that, more often than not, this type of manifestation hides other, more severe affections.
For this reason, we will treat Calgary back pain with the help of a series of innovative techniques and procedures, the type of which are designed to identify and counter both the symptoms and the underlying condition. Although it may not seem like a severe condition, back pain affects a lot of people worldwide and by “a lot” we mean almost everybody. According to a research conducted by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
- More than 80% of the Americans will experience lower back pain at one point in their life
- 30% of the Americans with ages between 18 and 64 and 33.7% of those older than 65 have reported lower back pain in the last three months
- Between 37% and 39% of the responders declared that back pain was impending their physical exercise routine, their daily tasks, and even their sleeping schedule
- The majority of the cases only involve non-organic reasons (there are no severe diseases at play like arthritis, inflammation or cancer)
- The weight on the US’s economy revolves around $50 billion in direct costs and over $100 billion in indirect costs
- Lower back pain has been classified as the leading cause of physical impairment worldwide
This goes to show that Calgary back pain is a serious matter which needs to be resolved as soon as possible. With over 90% of the cases being solved in less than six weeks, there is no doubt about it that the solutions are there.
How to effectively treat back pain
According to CDC, between 48% and 54% of the patients will resort to chiropractic treatments and physical therapy to alleviate the symptoms. We raise the stake by offering next-gen procedures, proven to deliver immense benefits in a broader range of affections. These include:
- Intramuscular stimulation (IMS) – In many cases back pain is caused by tight muscles, unable to relax, which can create a lot of tension in the area. The specialist will use acupuncture needles to force them to release tension and alleviate the pressure on the lower back.
- Joint manipulation and mobilization – In case the pain comes from joint issues, the physiotherapist will apply specific procedures joint manipulation to rectify the problems.
- Class IV laser therapy – A laser device is being used to decrease pain and inflammation, increase blood flow in the area and support better oxygenation of the muscles.
Other ways of treating Calgary back pain include the Muscle Activation Techniques (MAT) and Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP), to name a few. At Calgary Core Physiotherapy, we treat back pain like we would any other drastic disease because, despite not being one, it can prove to grow equally debilitating and dangerous. It’s not worth living with pain; seek treatment now!Calgary Back Pain